The developer of 605 Concord Avenue (the former Bank of America building) has asked for a meeting with the community and members of the FPRA in order to gather feedback on their latest plans for the project. Phil Terzis of Acorn (the developer) has reserved the auditorium at the Tobin School on Tuesday, June 7th at 6:30 pm. The main agenda item is a review of Acorn’s latest design, with a question & answer session to follow the presentation.
At the same meeting, Mike Stanley will also give a short presentation on his Transit X project. This is an innovative attempt to solve a number of major transportation problems currently faced by the Fresh Pond-Alewife region and other, similarly dense urban areas. The effort proposes the development and construction of an automated transit network with high-capacity and low visual impact using personal pods running on an elevated track. More information on the concept is available at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/transitx-carbon-free-mass-transit#/ and at http://www.transitx.com/.
If time allows, we would also like to use this opportunity to update the community on the current status of a number of other pending efforts, including:
- The Mt Auburn Street-Fresh Pond Parkway Corridor Study (recently begun by DCR; info at http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr/pr-2016/mount-auburn-street-corridor-study.html).
- The Alewife Working Group of Envision Cambridge (recently begun by the City of Cambridge; info at http://www.cambridgema.gov/CDD/Projects/Planning/citywideplanning).
- The Watertown-Cambridge Greenway 75% design review presentation (a DCR project, but info available through the City of Cambridge website at http://www.cambridgema.gov/CDD/Projects/Transportation/watertowncambridgegreenway.aspx).
- Schedule of remaining work for the Huron Village and New Street reconstruction projects:
Finally (also if time allows), we may also take the opportunity to consider what might come next for our area:
- 95 Fawcett Street condo project (appearing before the Planning Board on the same night. Updated project materials are available online at http://www.cambridgema.gov/~/media/Files/CDD/ZoningDevel/SpecialPermits/sp309/sp309_applicationrev.pdf?la=en).
- Status of other future development projects (CambridgePark Drive, New Street, Abt, BB&N, Lanes & Games, Tokyo, etc.)
- Preparations for the coming Tobin School replacement over the next 6 years
Note that this will be our final meeting prior to the Summer break. We look forward to a lively and constructive discussion. Thank you for your continuing support of our efforts.
Message to the FPRA from Doug Brown, VP.