Like living near Fresh Pond? The future of Huron Village, as we know it, is on the line. Thousands of new units are in the pipeline, including 93 more units proposed at 75 New St. between Fresh Pond and Danehy Park, 20 units planned for the former Tokyo restaurant site, and 108 units on Concord Ave. at Wheeler St. by Trader Joe’s. The majority are small luxury units; where is the affordable family housing we need? See map of recent development.
Inappropriately high-density development in the Concord Ave.-Alewife area is already having a negative impact on our quality of life and on the environment and safety. Namely:
- Increased traffic congestion
- Increased air & noise pollution
- Public transit at or nearing maximum capacity
- Reduced safety for pedestrians and cyclists
- Threat to fragile Fresh Pond-Danehy-Alewife eco-system
When will we reach the tipping point?
The Fresh Pond Residents Alliance invites you to a discussion forum.
Monday, March 24, 7:00-8:30 pm at the Tobin School
- Share your concerns and ideas.
- Learn what residents can do to ensure that future growth is sustainable.
- Help preserve the future quality of life in our neighborhood!
Join our group by emailing: email@example.com